Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Taking a break

I received another request from a very sweet lady down in Texas named Kelley. She would like a granny square blanket in the colors similar to her daughter's bedding. The fabric line is called "Citrine" and it's by Joel Dewberry. The palate is beautiful. Clean, colorful and modern.


So here's what I came up with:




I think the colors compliment the fabric nicely, and I'm excited to pull it all together.

I'll be taking a short break from the shop and blog to catch up on all these blankets, but I'll post some final photos of everything when I return.

Have a wonderful week and weekend!



7 comments:

  1. Good luck with the blanket. Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sweet Posy! It's a fun, little challenge to try to match up to fabrics. I hope she likes the finished blanket!

      Delete
  2. Those are great colors. I can't wait to see the finish product. I know you probably answered this question before and I missed what yarn do you use? Sorry to ask again:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SnuggleBunnie! I had a flurry of questions come in at the same time, so I'm not sure if I answered your question or not! I use just about every brand - I have been stockpiling some cottons, wools and blends (when they are on sale), but for the most part, I use acrylic yarn. It washes easy and is so warm. Anyway, in this particular blanket I used Bernat Super Saver, Mary Maxim Starlette, and Hobby Lobby "I love this yarn". I put almost all of my blankets together with Caron One Pound (white or off white), which I'll be using for this one and the other custom orders I have right now. I am happy to answer questions - it might take me a little longer sometimes, but I will always try to get back to you!

      Delete
  3. Love the colors!!
    This is going to be GREAT :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving those colors....SO Happy and cheerful, like summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Laura!! I've nominated you for the Kreativ Award! Take a look here for more detail: http://hollywood-cerise.blogspot.be/2012/07/kreativ-award.html Have a nice day! X Yufang

    ReplyDelete