Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Back from our trip

I wasn't able to get as much crocheting done in the car, but I'm almost finished with my rainbow blanket.



I don't know what I was thinking when I packed for our trip to West Virginia. Up on the top of the mountain was much cooler than I expected. At least we had a couple of sweatshirts and long sleeved shirts for nighttime.

Here's a picture from one of our site-seeing excursions - Blackwater Falls.




Very pretty scenery in Canaan Valley. I wish I took my camera out more to get some photos of the mountains. The kids loved hanging out with all of their cousins. I had a lot of fun too, but it's always nice to come home.

Onward to finish some projects and start some new...

4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous site! And the blanket is looking good too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sweet Posy - I think the plaque said "the most photographed site in West Virginia". It was a very pretty spot. Almost there with the rainbow - the tails seem to be endless with this one...

      Delete
  2. I have been browsing your blog for the past hour and wanted to take a moment to tell you that I think your work is simply beautiful. As a fellow hooking enthusiast, I would love to know what your favorite yarn brand/type is. Thank you for such wonderful inspiration. ~Kelly

    unDeniably Domestic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kelly! I'm glad you stopped by and left a note, it's fun to "meet" people here and be inspired/help inspire. I use just about any fiber I can get my hands on. My rainbow blanket is made up of scrap/end of skein yarns that have accumulated over the past year. They are all acrylics and range from vintage Sayelle to Lion Brand's Vanna's Choice and Hobby Lobby's "I love this yarn". I don't mind mixing brands - It's more about color to me, as long as the weights are the same or similar. I hope you stop by again. Have a wonderful upcoming weekend!

      Delete